For Dancers and Dance Professionals Ages 19-30
Apprentice spots available for 2023 Focus Season 4
The ultimate commercial dance training opportunity for dancers ages 19-30, held July 5th - July 12th 2022 in Los Angeles, California. Industry Apprentices will act as the assistant choreographer to Focus: Season 4 director and choreographer Lauren Froderman . They will also assist with all the behind the scenes Hollywood magic of filming a music video and documentary in Los Angeles, California. Additionally, Industry Apprentices will demonstrate choreography in class with our celebrity and industry educators and network in the commercial dance capital of the world.
PROGRAM PURPOSE AND SCHEDULE
Due to availability, the Industry Apprenticeship Program is only open to 10 dancers, ages 19-30 by invitation or audition only.
Apprentices have three roles at Focus.
- Be the assistant choreographer and crew leader for Focus: Season 3 choreographer and director Lauren Froderman.
- Demonstrate and assist faculty and industry professionals.
- Assist Liberate staff in crew duties for on camera and off camera assignments.
Training will feature all commercial dance styles from hip hop to contemporary, commercial heels, street styles, conditioning, audition techniques, and more! To give the full Los Angeles experience all classes are open level.
MUSIC VIDEO & DOCUMENTARY FILMING
After Apprentice auditions, Industry Apprentices will be cast as Crew Leaders. As a Crew Leader your main responsibility is cleaning choreography for the music video shoot.
Your job is to ensure that the dancers look fantastic in time for filming.
Industry Apprentices will perform in the final "group number" portion of the music video. Additionally, they will be featured in our documentary.
For the music video shoot, the recording artist will be announced in the spring when we announce our faculty. Season 1's recording artist was Presley Tennant who went on to be part of Team Kelly Clarkson last season on NBC's The Voice! Check out her singing below! Season 2's recording artist was singer/songwriter David Lee, from Eastvale, California.
PROGRAM ACCOMMODATIONS & LOCATIONS
Apprentices in the past have either chosen an individual option or roomed together in creative ways.
Below is a listing of accommodation options Apprentices have chosen in the past. We suggest that you do your research, be safe, and select the option that works best for you.
Hotel Group Rate
- Hampton Inn & Suite Los Angeles/Hollywood
- For $229++ per night, this rate includes free breakfast each morning, a pool, and fitness center.
- Group Name: Liberate Artists Group
- The Reservations will be made directly with The Hotel via phone call (323) 952 - 6900
- Apprentices booked a house together to have their own Airbnb. We'll provide you with each other's contact information and you can do the same! Visit www.airbnb.com to do so!
*Please note: once registration is completed we will provide you a listing of the other Apprentices contact information to make shared accommodation arrangements possible.
GET YOUR HOLLYWOOD RED CARPET PREMIERE
Fantastic Los Angeles opportunities, a music video/documentary shoot, and that's just the beginning.
Additionally included in the cost of registration is:
• 3 Items of Apprentice Merchandise
• Assistant Opportunity w/ Lauren Froderman
• Apprentice Networking Opportunity w/ Industry Professionals
• Over 50 hours of training
• Industry Audition and Mock Casting
• 30% Discount on all Liberate Artists Merchandise
• In Class Filming and Photography
• Wrap Party
Focus: Season 3 will conclude with a red carpet premiere featuring you in our documentary and music video! Apprentices will also be invited to our exclusive after party.
REGISTER FOR FOCUS: SEASON 4
Due to the intensive nature of this experience dancers may attend Focus, Season 4 through invitation or audition only.
The cost to attend: $475